Secrets. Scandals. Skeletons... Cockatoo Island has its fair share of all three. Now a vibrant cultural destination, this one-time convict penal establishment is still haunted by its history.
Running Saturday evenings from 6pm, our all-ages Haunted History Tours are an exciting opportunity for you and your family to experience Cockatoo Island’s most atmospheric landmarks, including the convict workshops and gaol, the grain silos, Dog Leg Tunnel and Biloela House. Plus, our guide will captivate your imagination as they masterfully blend history with mystery!
Important notes about the tour:
- The tour is designed to be family-friendly but children must be accompanied by an adult. Further, the tour’s duration (and possibly some of the content) may not be suitable for very young children.
- The tour is 1hr 30 minutes and involves a steep incline, some uneven surfaces and is not suitable for mobility scooters.
- Tours will proceed regardless of weather conditions except in cases of extreme weather. Participants will be notified via SMS if the tour is cancelled and a full refund of the ticket price (less booking fees) will be made.
- Meet outside the Cockatoo Island Visitor Centre, a two minute walk from the ferry wharf.
- Tickets are non-refundable, transfers can be made up to seven (7) days prior to the tour date. Contact our Box Office line on 1800 068 849 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get to Cockatoo Island:
Cockatoo Island is accessible by public ferry. For information about ferry tickets and timetables, head to www.transportinfo.nsw