Secrets. Scandals. Skeletons... Cockatoo Island has its fair share of all three. Now a vibrant cultural destination, this one-time convict penal establishment is still haunted by its history.
Running Saturday evenings from 7pm (from 6.30pm from March), our all-ages Haunted History Tours are an exciting opportunity for you and your family to experience Cockatoo Island’s most atmospheric landmarks, including the convict workshops and gaol, the grain silos, Dog Leg Tunnel and Biloela House. Plus, our guide will captivate your imagination as they masterfully blend history with mystery!
Cost: $25 per adult and $15 per child
Hours & Times: Runs every Saturday from 6:30pm - 8:00pm.
Meeting point: Meet outside the Cockatoo Island Visitors Centre.
Planning your trip: Access to Cockatoo Island is by ferry. Please visit transportnsw.info for ferry timetables.
Terms & Conditions:
- The tour is designed to be family-friendly but children must be accompanied by an adult. Further, the tour’s duration (and possibly some of the content) may not be suitable for very young children.
- The tour is 1 hour 30 minutes and involves a steep incline, some uneven surfaces and is not suitable for mobility scooters.
- We recommend that guests bring a torch as the tour is conducted in the dark, and sections of the walkways on Cockatoo Island can be uneven.
- Please wear suitable and sensible walking shoes. The Harbour Trust advises that high heels, thongs and loose sandals are not recommended to wear during tours
- Tours will proceed regardless of weather conditions except in cases of extreme weather. Participants are encouraged to bring a raincoat. Participants will be notified via SMS if the tour is cancelled and a full refund of the ticket price (less booking fees) will be made.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring alcohol onto the island and random bag searches may be conducted on arrival.
- For the safety of all attending the tour, any person who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs will not be allowed to attend the tour.
- Disruptive behaviour whilst on the tour will not be tolerated. Anyone deemed disruptive will be removed from the tour immediately by security.
- Meet outside the Cockatoo Island Visitor Centre, a two minute walk from the ferry wharf.
- Tickets are non-refundable, transfers can be made up to seven (7) days prior to the tour date. Contact our Box Office line on 1800 068 849 or email email@example.com
Warning to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders: This tour contains stories and may contain images and/or visuals of deceased people.
Additional content warning: This tour contains content and stories that some participants may find confronting.