Journey into darkness with Cockatoo Island Ghostyard – A Paranormal Tour. As the witching hour approaches, you'll explore the island’s most notorious buildings, hear macabre true stories and search for ghosts. Plus, your knowledgeable guide is equipped a K-II EMF reader – a device used in paranormal detection.
Cost: $45 per adult or $205 for Ghostyard Deluxe Camping (1 x tour ticket + an overnight stay in a tent, suitable for two guests).
Hours & times: runing Saturday evenings from 9pm until 11pm.
Meeting point: Meet outside the Cockatoo Island Visitors Centre.
Planning your trip: Access to Cockatoo island is by ferry. Please visit transportnsw.info for ferry timestables.
Ghostyard Deluxe Camping Package (1-2) people:
Truly test your fear threshold with a Ghostyard Deluxe Camping Package! After the tour, you’ll stay the night at the island’s urban campground. No need to bring or pitch a tent – we take care of that, so you can remain on high alert for spectral beings. Pleasant dreams, happy camper!
- 1 x pre-erected tent (2.4m x 2.4m)
- 2 x single raised camp beds with all linen, quilts and towels
- 2 x chairs
- Supper pack with marshmallows, hot chocolate and biscuits to enjoy at the fire pit
- 1 x tour ticket
*PLEASE NOTE: The tent included in the package can accommodate two people. If you and one other person want to stay the night following the tour, you will need to purchase 1 x Deluxe Camping Package PLUS 1 x General admission ticket.
Terms & Conditions:
- the tour content will discuss murder, suicide and mistreatment of children. Therefore, we recommend that this tour is only suitable for people over the age of 18.
- The tour is two hours in duration and involves a steep incline, some uneven surfaces and is not suitable for mobility scooters.
- We recommend that guests bring a torch as the tour is conducted in the dark, and sections of walkways on Cockatoo Island can be uneven.
- Please wear suitable and sensible walking shoes. The Harbour Trust advises that high heels, thongs and loose sandals are not recommended to wear during tours
- Tours will proceed regardless of weather conditions except in cases of extreme weather. Participants will be notified via SMS if the tour is cancelled and a full refund of the ticket price (less booking fees) will be made.
- Meet outside the Cockatoo Island Visitor Centre, a two minute walk from the ferry wharf.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring alcohol onto the island and random bag searches may be conducted on arrival.
- For the safety of all attending the tour, any person who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs will not be allowed to attend the tour.
- Disruptive behaviour whilst on the tour will not be tolerated. Anyone deemed disruptive will be removed from the tour immediately by security.
- Tickets are non-refundable, transfers can be made up to seven (7) days prior to the tour date. Contact our Box Office line on 1800 068 849 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders: This tour contains stories and may contain images and/or visuals of deceased people.
Additional content warning: This tour contains content and stories that some participants may find confronting including but not limited to suicide, mistreatment of children, harsh living environments, loss of infancy and life.