Want a crash course in Cockatoo island's storied history? Book tickets for Sandstone to Steel. This all-ages tour charts the changing face of Cockatoo Island. As you visit key landmarks, our guide will reveal how they fit into the island’s historical narrative. They will also share anecdotes about a colourful cast of real-life characters.
Cost: $25 adults & $15 child
Hours & times: Tours run on Sunday, weekly during the Spring School Holidays and fortnightly there after at 11:30pm & 1:30pm
Meeting point: The tour starting location is outside the Visitors Centre
Planning your trip: Access to Cockatoo Island is by ferry. Please visit transportnsw.info for ferry timetables.
Please note, all tour participants will be required to check-in with the guide on arrival to comply with COVID-19 contact tracing requirements. Members of each group must ensure they:
- maintain a physical distance of 1.5 metres from others;
- have not travelled overseas within the last 14 days;
- have not had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case within the last 14 days; and
- are not unwell and have not had any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days.
Terms & Conditions:
- The tour is 90 minutes in duration and involves a steep incline, some uneven surfaces and is not suitable for mobility scooters.
- A moderate level of fitness and mobility are required on this tour.
- Please wear suitable and sensible walking shoes. The Harbour Trust advises that high heels, thongs and loose sandals are not recommended to wear during tours
- Tours will proceed regardless of weather conditions except in cases of extreme weather.Please being wet weather gear if required.
- Participants will be notified via SMS if the tour is cancelled and a full refund of the ticket price (less booking fees) will be made.
- Tours are family friendly, however children must be accompanied by an adult.
- You must comply with all directions of the Guides, Rangers and Security.
- For safety reasons, maximum tour numbers cannot be exceeded.
- Dogs, bicycles and smoking are not allowed on the tour.
- Tickets are non-refundable, transfers can be made up to seven (7) days prior to the tour date.
- The Harbour Trust reserves the right to terminate any tour at any time.